Metro Classifieds View all
- We are looking for a dealer of our products imported from India and Thailand. Some of our products are tea, coffee, s...
- Bed space in lower deck available for Filipina. Located in Al Nahda 2 next to Al Shams grocery and Zulekha Hospital. ...
- Quick personal loan. Requires a minimum salary of Dhs4000 plus allowances. Simple documentation. Company listed is no...
- Female receptionist and office assistant required, preferably Indian or Sri Lankan. Send your CV to alaminoverseas68...
- Indian female with logistic coordinator background, having overall 7 years working experience in Dubai, willing to wor...
- Room available for Kabayan only, couple or a family, maximum 3 to 4 people. Located in Al Rigga near ADCB, just 5 min...
- Personal loan services for salary Dh4,500 plus variable income. Dhs3,000 for carloan. Easy company listing, no salary...
- Electrical engineer on visit visa valid till 28/01/2015 is looking for a job. Preferred field: fire alram, emergency ex...
- Looking for a store keeper job. Has computer skills and 5 years experience. Call 0553492239...
- We are looking for a Turkish editor and writer who is highly experienced in writing about luxury topics in Turkish la...
Sunday, February 1, 2015
|Source: Dubai Gold & Jewellery Group|
Dream homes to break the bank
Everyone dreams of living in a mansion when they're young. Too many rooms, enormous gardens, slides instead of stairs - we wanted it all. Some people are lucky enough to realise that dream. Drool over some mansions online today.
Dracula's Castle, Romania - $135 million
This home needs no introduction. Built in the 14th century, the castle is now a national monument and museum thanks to the legend surrounding it, which also needs no introduction. It has 57 rooms in total, including 17 bedrooms filled with antiques and historical artefacts. It wouldn't do for the publicly shy Ira Rennert mentioned above, but for the quirkier billionaire, the 450 million tourists that visit every year may be worth it for living in Dracula's castle.
"The Manor", Los Angeles - $150 million
The home of Aaron Spelling, dubbed "The Manor" by wife Cindy, has 123 rooms for his family to choose from, an indoor skating rink, multiple pools, three kitchens, sports courts, private orchard, and a bowling alley. The home, which he had built from scratch in 1991 also has a room used exclusively for wrapping presents and an entire floor dedicated to closet space.
"The Pinnacle", Montana - $155 million
This is the home of Time and Edra Blixseth, owners of the billionaires-only golf and ski resort "Yellowstone Club" in Montana. It will be the largest and grandest property on the resort, but is still small in comparison to some of those on this list, with only 10 bedrooms. To catch up the property has impressive features such as every inch of floor being heated, a heated driveway and fireplaces in all bathrooms.
Hearst Mansion, Beverly Hills - $165 million
This mansion - the former home of publishing giant William Randolph Hearst, the inspiration for the main character in "Citizen Kane" - features 29 bedrooms and three pools. The estate became a pop-culture icon after being used in The Godfather movie, when the infamous severed horse's head turned up in the owner's bed. The fact that assassinated President John F Kennedy stayed in the mansion during his honeymoon also added to its status. The house has some notable neighbours, including Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes and David and Victoria Beckham
One Hyde Park - The Penthouse, London - $200 million
This massively stylish modern penthouse may not be so expensive did it not sit atop the famous number 1 Hyde Park address.As it is in such a premium location it has been built as a home for the rich and famous complete with SAS guard, bullet proof windows, iris scanners, panic rooms and a secret tunnel to the nearby Mandarin Hotel. The building has communal spas, squash courts and wine tasting rooms, and the penthouse is served by 24 hour room service.
Villa Leopolda, Cote d'Azur France - $525 million
Villa Leopolda is an 80,000 square foot Chateuau built in 1902 by King Leopold II of Belgium. The villa has been rumoured to be the home of Bill Gates and many more global figures, but has actually been home to French banker Edmond Safira, whose wife Lily still lives there. The 19 bedroom villa, which boasts sports courts, a bowling alley, multiple kitchens, dining rooms and a movie theatre, received even more press lately when a Russian mogul lost his deposit on the property when he reneged on completing the sale.
Antilla, Mumbai - $1 billion
The current most expensive home in the world is unquestionable. It is the first $1 billion home the world has seen. A custom-build 27 story towering mansion, Antilla in Mumbai is the home of the world's fifth richest man, namely Mukesh Ambani, head of Indian petro-chemical giant Reliance Industries, which is India's most valuable firm by market capitalisation. With double height ceilings, ballrooms, crystal chandelier ceilings, retractable stages, and 600 servants, there is no other home on earth that compares to the 570 feet tall Antilla
Add a comment
Comments submitted on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual/s whose content is submitted. CMM accepts no responsibility for the content of comments, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.