Metro Classifieds View all
- MEP draftsman required for an electromechanical contracting company. Candidate should be experienced with DEWA and civil...
- HSE/safety officer with OSHA certificate seeks job. Has 3 years of experience. Holds a visit visa. Send an email to edma...
- Asia's No. 1 CAD company requires female graduate/diploma civil engineers for a new computer-aided design and drafti...
- Intensive hand-embroidery courses available. Taught by a professional fashion designer. Located in Dubai Marina. Designi...
- Driver required for a full-time position in a hardware trading company. Should have 5 years of experience. Fax your CV t...
- HR director with 17 years of experience seeks full-time job/long term contract. Call 0561037489....
- Spacious, partitioned room available for rent. Fully-furnished flat. 2 executive Filipino couples or females only. Free ...
- Instant loan. Speedy approval for personal loan with a salary of Dh4,000 and company accommodation. Car loan requires a ...
- Female housemaid and cook required for a position. Located near Dubai Grand Hotel, Al Qusais. Call 0503904801after 5:30p...
- Indian female receptionist/customer service personnel required for a part-time position. Should be on husband’s visa. ...
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
|Source: Dubai Gold & Jewellery Group|
Our Facebook has been full of your opinions | Issue 46
We find the best responses from our Facebook fans and bring you the answers that matter most to the people of Dubai
A number of scientists have today announced that they have found no link between mobile phones and detrimental health effects. However, the scientists still urge further studying to determine long-term effects. How worried are you about using mobile phones when it comes to health?
Amer Mustafa Alsmadi: the effects that they talk about is not normal cuz the logic rule says when any thing gose 2 much gose bad mean for ex 1 pill of panadol heal you but 20 pills harm you so using cellphono like 15hours without rest sure it well harm but is that kind of use possible!!! its like when they say that the money coins make cancer what they no say that it possible make cancer only if you hold it for more than 72 hours without let go !!!! who do that?
Alan Orong: Not worried really, unless a realistic case has been put out to the public proving the theory. To Amer, that's funny. Hahahah! Yeah, who would do that?!
Maryam Nasar: Actually mobiles have become one of thoes thing which u cant live widout,at the same tym health is also v.important i wud nt complete stop using fones bt i surely will take my own precautions :)
A confused driver this week accidentally "parked" his car at the entrance to a Paris metro station after mistaking it for the entrance to an underground car park. Fortunately, no one was hurt, but the incident brought about a large crowd of amused onlookers. What are the most amusing traffic stories you've ever heard or witnessed?
Mark Roylance: How can anyone confuse the road design and traffic flow in entering a freeway on the wrong side of the road?
Margaret Candy Baldovino: I myself witnessed not one but two cars on different day, they are about to take a left turn but when they took their left they accidentally entered the opposite road meaning they face those cars which is coming on their way. Honestly speaking I myself experience the same thing before.
A director at the University of Oxford has called on governments to implement a "fat tax", adding tax on fatty foods, in order to curb obesity. How well do you think such a tax would work in the UAE, and do you think it would help lower obesity levels?
Ray Gargoles: What a suggestion! Well,as far as I concerned, we all know that food is the one of the basic nesessity to every human. We cannot live without foods in any ways . This "fat tax" could not be a threat to everyone and will not help to lower obesity level because one thing is for sure ,people will not think how much cost he/she is spending for a particular meal just to feeds hungry tummy...have a nice trip to all!
Ryan Arbigoso: For me it won't help obesity levels,,its up to the person if he or she eat a lot of fatty foods..self discipline is a must to lower the obesity level.
Ferdie Salas Santiago Jr.: Such act would only yield success if the people are conscious enough of what they eat.As much as I think UAE is a land of possibilities,it is also a land of indulgence and people here eat whatever they want to their heart's content.And the presence of delicious chocolates everywhere only make the matter worse!
Today marks the 30th anniversary of the ZX Spectrum, which was once the world's best-selling consumer computer, capable of, at the time, good graphics and sound at a low price. Which computer do you first remember using, and how do you think it'd be if you used it again today?
Clen Nicolas: I remember using those humongous PC back in time and if ever I'd be using them again today, I think I would have to KNIT it a SWEATER for it to stop FREEZING!
Roma Nandwani: I would nevr wanna look back to d old times of PC and desktops... I had a big fat CPU wid a big fat monitor wid all d bigger accessories... That wz my 1st n last PC which I used for 3-5 yrs after which I graduated to using laptops :)
Add a comment
Comments submitted on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual/s whose content is submitted. CMM accepts no responsibility for the content of comments, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.