Metro Classifieds View all
- Gulfam Movers & Packers LLC services available. Relocation door-to-door services for personal means, offices and busines...
- Government of Maharashtra, Indian office MFC at JAFZA is looking to coordinate and liaison with importers in Dubai. We i...
- Indian graduate seeks job in administration. Has 8 years of experience in Dubai as office coordinator and data entry ope...
- Administrative assistant urgently required for a courier company at Baniyas Road in Deira, Dubai. Should have an experie...
- Indian male, BCom graduate seeks full-time job as an accounting cum administrative assistant. Call 0551016920 or send an...
- Sales girl required for a jewellery shop. Preferably a candidate with no experience. Email your CV with your photo to am...
- Male or female is required for a part and full-time position. Should be proficient in distributing health and beauty pro...
- MKM Movers available for services. Houses, villas, offices and flats. Professional export packing. All furniture dismant...
- Furnished studio available for rent. Short-term lease. Near Al Ghurair Centre. Rent on a monthly basis. Call 0504955025....
- Excellent tutor available. Teaches English, IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, math, IT, science and business studies. Call 0504505387....
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
|Source: Dubai Gold & Jewellery Group|
On this day throughout history
Did you know that on this day in 1821 the United States took possession of its newly bought territory Florida from Spain? Find out what else happened on this day throughout history.
1405 - Muslim Hui-Chinese Zheng He, a Ming admiral, set sail for the first time on his 28 year "Voyages of Zheng He", when he commanded explorations of South and Southeast Asia, the Middle East and the Horn of Africa.
1735 - Mathematical calculations suggest that it is on this day that dwarf planet Pluto moved inside the orbit of Neptune for the last time before 1979.
1789 - With troops at Versailles, Sevres, the Champ de Mars and St Denis, Louis XVI, acting under the influence of the conservative nobles of his privy council, dismissed and banished his finance minister, Jacques Necker - who had been sympathetic to the Third Estate, and completely reconstructed the ministry - sparking the infamous Storming of the Bastille.
1796 - The United States takes possession of Detroit from Great Britain under terms of the Jay Treaty.
1798 - The United States Marine Corps is re-established; they had been disbanded after the American Revolutionary War.
1801 - French astronomer Jean-Louis Pons made his first comet discovery. In the next 27 years he discovered another 36 comets, more than any other person in history.
1804 - A duel occurs in which the Vice President of the United States Aaron Burr mortally wounds former Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton
1859 - Westminster's Big Ben, soon to be renamed Elizabeth Tower, rang for the first time in London.
1882 - The British Mediterranean fleet begins the Bombardment of Alexandria in Egypt as part of the 1882 Anglo-Egyptian War
1889 - Tijuana, Mexico - now the largest city on the Baja California Peninsula - is founded.
1895 - The Lumiere brothers demonstrate film technology to scientists.
1897 - Salomon August Andree leaves Spitsbergen to attampt to reach the North Pole by balloon. He later crashes and dies.
1914 - Babe Ruth makes his debut in Major League Baseball.
1921 - A truce is called in the Irish War of Independence.
1921 - Former US President William Howard Taft is sworn in as the tenth Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court, becoming the only person ever to be both President and Chief Justice.
1921 - The Red Army captures Mongolia from the White Army and establishes the Mongolian People's Republic.
1930 - Australian cricketer Don Bradman scores a world record 309 runs in one day, on his way to the highest individual Test innings of 334, during a Test match against England.
1950 - Pakistan joins the International Monetary Fund and the International Bank.
1957 - Prince Karim Husseini Aga Khan IV inherits the office of Imamat as 49th Imam of Shia Imami Ismaili worldwide, after the death of Sir Sultan Mahommed Shah Aga Khan III.
1960 - To Kill A Mockingbord by Harper Lee in first published.
1960 - Congo Crisis: The State of Katanga breaks away from the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
1962 - First transatlantic satellite television transmission.
1972 - The first game of the World Chess Championship 1972 between challenger Bobby Fischer and defending champion Boris Spassky starts.
1973 - Varig Flight 820 crashes near Paris on approach tp Orly Airport, killing 123 of the 134 on-board.
1977 - Martin Luther King Jr. is posthumously awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom
1978 - Los Alfaques Disaster: A truck carrying liquid gas crashes and explodes at a coastal campsite in Tarragona, Spain killing 216 tourists.
1979 - America's first space station, Skylab, is destroyed as it re-enters the Earth's atmosphere over the Indian Ocean.
1983 - A Boeing 737 crashes into hilly terrain after a tail strike in Cuenca, Ecuador, claiming 119 lives.
1991 - A Nationair DC-8 crashes during an emergency landing at Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, killing 261.
2006 - 209 people are killed in a series of bomb attacks in Mumbai, India.
Add a comment
Comments submitted on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual/s whose content is submitted. CMM accepts no responsibility for the content of comments, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.